Gratitude on the Run
This week I started training full boat for my spring marathon. That means that in addition to chasing my kids around, my focus has been running. And food. Well, just read below.
1. I am thankful for the running group I joined to train for the Calgary Marathon this spring. They are a fun group and I am sure will provide material for many a blog post. The group is welcoming to newcomers and full of positive energy. I have no doubt that this will be a successful race!
2. I am thankful for pantry full of good food in my kitchen. I try to keep nutritious, wholesome food in the house and I am thankful that our family does not go without. Every now and then the kids even eat some flax!
3. I am thankful for the creativity my children show through various activities. When provided with time, colored pencils and blank paper, I am continually impressed with what they come up with. Most recently, the Apprentice has written a little book about a gingerbread man, Mid enjoys doing comic strip-type art and my daughter will do poems about whatever comes to her mind. To see an example of Mid’s art, please click comic.11.2.2010
4. I am thankful that my kids like to go bowling. What other sport can we play as a family where it is socially acceptable for my husband and I to have a beer during the game?
5. I am thankful for treadmills. This morning it was rather chilly, so I ran inside at the Y. I should note that I am also thankful to the man who was running on the treadmill next to me. Unbeknownst to him, we were racing, (I won). As he was exiting his treadmill, he
conceded defeat complimented me on my pace. You read correctly, in my head, we were racing and I won. I don’t really enjoy running on treadmills for long and entertain myself by making up little stories about the other people in the gym while running. That doesn’t make me crazy, does it?
Have a great week!
And, be warned, more to come about my training.. if you like to read about running, nutrition and random made-up stories about people who work out while I run on a treadmill, I encourage you to keep reading. If you don’t, I understand if you leave the blog until June.