Five Things, Week One
I try to be thankful for many people and things in my life. So starting today, I would like to post a weekly “Five Things” that I am especially grateful at that particular time.
1. My children. I know this one is a given, but this week I am proud of them for different, specific reasons. The Girl earned her first Girl Guides badge this week, Apprentice is back in skating lessons (picked it up right where he left off in December) and Mid started a new basketball program where he does not know anyone. While this may be tough for him, he is coming to the realization, (ever so slowly), that if you sit in the basement and play video games all the time it is tough to meet people and make new friends.
2. My legs. I am not competing for a spot on the Olympic marathon team, but I love to run and I am thankful for the ability to do so. Let the training for the next marathon begin!
3. The Vice-Principal at the school my kids attend. Her background is in art education and she is committed to bringing in fine arts at their school. This week they had a drum circle concert thing, which was different from the usual assemblies they put on, and it was great. This was different, because usually the assemblies are orderly, low volume and a bit reserved. The drum circle was orderly, but loud and really fun! It took me back to my glory days in marching band.
4. Friends that read this blog. This a new adventure for me and I am grateful for the occasional comment that says, “I really like your blog.” It makes my day. So, thanks.
5. Whomever invented Skype, (Al Gore? kidding, I crack myself up). We are thankful for being able to keeping in touch with friends and family through Skype. It makes us feel not so far away from all that is familiar.
That’s it for this week. If you are so moved, please comment below on something that you are thankful for this week. I plan to continue the weekly gratitude.